Tuesday, February 16, 2010

what NOT to say to a pregnant lady

22 weeks pregnant (I make big babies)


For the most part, people are generally nicer to me when I am pregnant. But some are very, very rude. I am not sure if they realize it or not. Probably not.

I was on the elevator and I got a rude awakening from a very rude woman. She looks at me and asks what floor and that is when she notices that I am pregnant. She says, "OH, you have a belly!"

I am thinking, 'so do you, so what'. (from now on my thoughts, not what I actually said, will be in italics)

Me: I just smile and say "Yes, yes I do"

Rude Lady: "So when are you due?"

Me: "June" and I smile again.

Rude Lady: "JUNE?!?!?! You are that big and you are due in JUNE?!?!?!?"

Look you stupid *@#* I know that we have two feet of snow outside and all. And you just came from social services so, well, you know.... But June is not THAT far away!!! besides your huge and you are not pregnant. at least you shouldn't be at your obvious old as dirt age.

Me: I actually was able to smile this time again and I say, "Yep, June."

Rude ass lady: "are you having twins?!?!?!"

Look B**** your chin has a twin!

Me: "Nope, just one baby. I grow big babies." another half ass smile!

Rude ass lady: "wow, good luck with that!"

At which time I have decided that I am going to slam this door in her fat face.

At which time, I thank her and open the door for her.

3 comments:

Janna Barber said...

You are beautiful, girl! The thing some people never understood with me was that I popped out really early with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, but I stayed the same size for most of the rest of the pregnancy. You're right where you're supposed to be. And people are stupid and rude. Good job keeping your cool.

Cathy, Kris, Rose and Grace said...

i'm laughing so hard right now... it hasn't happened to me YET this pregnancy, but last time i passed this guy in the bar of Severn In (a nice restraunt) and he said, quite loudly, "WOW! look at her! she's HUGE!" it was all i could do not to kick him!!

you go girl for not flattening her! lol just know that you are beautiful and people are idiots...

oh, and i just had a dr appt, yep, i'm 25 weeks measuring 29! another big baby is on the way!! :)

Chris and Corie said...

hahaha - you crack me up. good job staying in control. it amazes me what some people think it's okay to say/do.