Today was our first day at home without Chuck's help. That is right, Chuck went back to work!! I had a dear friend come over so I was not totally alone all day. I have been dreading this day for a number of reasons but today, today was a delightful day:)
I was mostly worried about how I was going to handle Noah. Noah has been having a really hard time adjusting to his new life as a big brother, having Mommy home full time and not going to daycare anymore. Basically, every aspect of his life is different than a month ago and he has been taking most of his frustration and anger out on me. Even though it has been really hard at times, I realize that this is normal for a toddler that has gone through so many changes recently.
He has never taken his anger out of his little sister! Thank goodness!!!! He LOVES Marlee. He is constantly loving on her. When she cries he says "BABY?!?!", (he rarely calls her by her name) or he just ignores her. He has stolen one of her purple blankets and he loves it and wants to take it everywhere. For the first few days she was home he kept stealing her pacifiers, but she didn't mind because she didn't like them anyway. It was kind of funny watching an almost 2 year old walk around with a paci in his mouth.
I am hopeful that days like today will be common around here. I have realized that I need to keep Noah on a strict schedule with lots of structured activities. That is why we baked cookies today, our first time doing that together. It was sooooo fun! The funnest time I have ever had baking cookies. I foresee ALOT of baking in our future:) Chuck will be so happy:) Chuck and Noah are my cookie monsters!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment