Wednesday, March 16, 2011

my sweet cheeks


Sweet cheeks has been known to be a drama queen. Sweet cheeks has been known to bite, kiss, throw, and make us all laugh at the same time. She has been known to also get ear infections:(  Poor sweet cheeks has had about 4 or 5 in her life time. The current one is a double ear infection. This will be her third round of antibiotics for her right and then also her left. First time in early Feb was a double, then in the right and now again in both. I feel terrible that I was convinced that she was cranky because of the time change and because of her teething. I am SO glad that I decided to take her into the peds today even though I didnt think that she needed to go.  I only went in because she had a runny eye and she was exposed to pink eye. Sure enough sweet cheeks has a double pink eye and double ear infection!!!!  Dr. D. is starting to talk about tubes:(  I know that they are wonderful for many children but I just can not bare the thought of putting my sweetie under!! I am confident that we will work with her pediatrician to determine the right thing for her, but I hate it all the same!  I just love the snot out of her and I want her to be healthy and not in pain anymore!!  And who knows..she may not be a drama queen afterall, she may just have been suffering with the pain in her ears this whole time. Awwww....

Please keep Marlee's ears in your prayers.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Although surgery is scary, the whole tube procedure was less then a 1/2 hour and it does make such a difference in the children. You also have to think about her speach and hearing b/c she wont develop that as quickly if it sounds like she's underwater :( Plus you don't want her to get immune to the antibiotics. call me if you want to talk about it.