Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My HERO!!!












Last Thursday we went up to see my Gramps. We knew that he would LOVE to see the kids in their Halloween costumes and HE DID!!!!

I am SO thankful for this day!!! It was a "good" day. (even if it doesn't appear to be) I was able to talk with my Gramps one last time. He smiled from ear to ear at those children. He laughed at the kids being wild and loved thier costumes.
As I left he told me to be a patient mom that I should be and that I am. (I am not)
He told me how much he loved me and what a big part of his heart that I am. And he told me to "just keep doing what you are doing and you will be all right."




I lost my Hero last Friday.   Initially, I was ok. I was peaceful that he was out of his pain. I was peaceful that he was with my grandmother. 

It has started to hit me in the past couple of days and it is hard to be a good mom when all you want to do is cry! I have talked with Gramps EVERY day for the past four years. It is second nature to pick up the phone and call him. I miss that. I miss telling him about the crazy stuff that my children did that day or how the leaves are starting to change in our back yard, finally!   I miss telling him about how the cat dressed up for Halloween. I miss him telling me that I was, "the picture of success". when I know that I am not. 

He was my biggest cheerleader. He was the one person that LOVED us and showed it every single day. He was my friend, my go to person, he was my HERO. 
He is my Gramps. 


No comments: