Thought I would share a funny story with you.
We lost our dear Jobi right before Christmas last year. Our life and house felt so empty, so we decided to get a puppy. It was only a couple of weeks later that we found out that we would be having a baby! We were very excited and happy about this, but with a new puppy, a little bit overwhelmed. Kyah, our puppy is one crazy little puppy!
We have had our ups and downs with Kyah. We took her to puppy school and she loved it. She loves to learn new tricks and she is actually very very smart. So, one day a couple of months ago she woke us up by screaming in pain. We ran downstairs worried that she was really injured. Her mouth was stuck on the rungs of the kennel. I pushed her mouth out and realized that her bottom K9 tooth was stuck through her lip! poor little pup. Chuck came to the rescue and was able to free the tooth after much tugging and pulling.
Then today, I was inside working from home and avoiding Kyah because she had some dead thing that she was flinging around the back yard. I did some work and then went to look for her and I couldn't find her. But I did hear some movement under my feet. I soon realized that Kyah was under the deck. Okay, no big deal, I will just call her and she will come out. Well that didn't work, not even with meat loaf!! So I knew that she was stuck. I was frantic, poor pup couldn't live under there all day until Chuck got home. She might die of heat exhaustion or dehydration or anything could happen to her under there. I called Chuck and he was prepared to come all the way home to pull up the deck. (not sure if he was just as worried or if he was trying to calm his 8 month prego wife:) Anyway, I decided that I would pull the deck up myself. But the damb drill would not work for me. I had to go over to the neighbors and ask the old man to help me. He kindly came over, laughing the entire time. It must have been a funny sight, a big prego, still in Jammie's on the ground talking to the dog that was stuck under the deck. He got the screws out and little Kyah popped her cute little head out from under the deck. Then she jumped out and jumped all over the place, so happy to be free!!! And I was so happy that she was free too!
Kyah has had some accidents, some bumps and bruises. I guess I better get used to things like this happening. I will soon have a son to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment