Last Thursday we started our birth class, hypnobirthing class. This class is meant to teach you how to relax and release your fear of labor in order to labor without pain. For those of you that know me, know that I am not a very relaxed person. Okay, so people laugh at me when I tell them that I want to try to do this without medication or interventions. But I am determined and I am a little bit hard headed so I just might be able to do it.
Chuck believes that I can and I believe (I think that I believe) that I can do it . Chuck says its all in my head and I just need to remember to breathe. The funny part of this whole thing is that Chuck was doing the breathing exercises last week in class and he said that he fell asleep for a minute. I was trying my hardest to relax and all I kept doing was opening my eyes and looking around and wondering if I was doing it right. Chuck, on the other hand was falling asleep!!!!! Maybe he should be the one to birth this baby!! He is sooo funny!
Over the past two weeks or so I have been having contractions. They say that they are braxton Hicks contractions, but some of them actually hurt. So, the other night around 3am I was awakened by one of these contractions. I waited a while before waking Chuck and when I did he just said, "breath, Kris, breath."
He will be a wonderful birthing companion and an amazing father!!!!!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The great thing about hypnobirthing is that you don't have to do anything or get into a particular state. It just happens. And Chuck's right about the breathing and please practice it as well as the visualisation that goes with it.
Lots of good wishes
Katharine Graves
Katharine Graves is a hypnobirthing teacher in London
Post a Comment