Our baby boy has finally arrived. Noah was born on October 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM. He was 9 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long!!!! Noah is a big and stubborn boy. He enjoyed being in my belly so much that he was a week late and still not ready to come out.
Our labor and delivery journey started on Wednesday October 8th. I got a call from my midwives that had decided to induce me because he was already a week late and all of the lab work that they were doing was showing preeclampsia. We went to the hospital on Wednesday night thinking that I would get “gel” to ripen my cervix and then go home for the night and come back in the morning for patocin. When we got there they told us that we were not going home until we had a baby. The next couple of days would be a roller coaster of emotions. Thursday afternoon they started me on patocin and when Friday morning came and there was no change in my cervix and my labs were still not getting any better it was decided that we would have to do a C-Section. By this point Chuck and I knew that it would probably happen this way so we were prepared to hear this. We were somewhat disappointed in loosing our dream of having a natural birth. But we knew that our midwives did everything that they could to try the natural birth, it just was not suppose to be. We kept telling ourselves that we just want to meet our baby, does not matter how he gets here, as long as we are all healthy.
Friday morning they started me on Magnesium Sulfate because of the fear of seizures associated with preeclampsia. For those of you who don’t know, this drug is the devil. It makes people feel horrendous, sick and drugged. Because of this drugged feeling I am not able to remember a lot of what happened, but Chuck continues to fill me in on the missing pieces. At around 10:15AM they took me to the operating room, Noah made his appearance soon after that. I remember hearing everyone comment on how large he was and I remember hearing him crying out. Chuck was amazingly supportive to me and his new son. He stayed with the baby and soon brought him to meet me. That day is still a blur, but I do remember our families coming to meet him and how amazed we were when we finally got to hold our son and get to know him. I do believe that he is the prettiest baby that I have ever seen. I am not just saying that because he is mine, I really mean it :)
In addition to dealing with the side effects of Mag, I lost a lot of blood in surgery and this was affecting how I felt. I was light headed, my ears were ringing out and I was really short of breath. I could not breathe while I was lying down or trying to sleep. My wonderful dad came and actually listened to my symptoms and was able to talk to the nurses and doctors about my condition. They sent me for a bunch of tests and kept a close eye on me. The test all came back ok. I will have to see a doctor to follow up. I soon started to feel well enough to go home.
We finally came home on Tuesday, October 14th. We are so glad to be home with our baby. We are adjusting well. I am handling my pain and weakness with lots of help from Chuck. Chuck is amazing and wonderful to both me and Noah. Every time Chuck speaks Noah looks in his direction. Noah is doing amazing and but we can not wait until he sleeps just a little bit more :)
Our labor and delivery journey started on Wednesday October 8th. I got a call from my midwives that had decided to induce me because he was already a week late and all of the lab work that they were doing was showing preeclampsia. We went to the hospital on Wednesday night thinking that I would get “gel” to ripen my cervix and then go home for the night and come back in the morning for patocin. When we got there they told us that we were not going home until we had a baby. The next couple of days would be a roller coaster of emotions. Thursday afternoon they started me on patocin and when Friday morning came and there was no change in my cervix and my labs were still not getting any better it was decided that we would have to do a C-Section. By this point Chuck and I knew that it would probably happen this way so we were prepared to hear this. We were somewhat disappointed in loosing our dream of having a natural birth. But we knew that our midwives did everything that they could to try the natural birth, it just was not suppose to be. We kept telling ourselves that we just want to meet our baby, does not matter how he gets here, as long as we are all healthy.
Friday morning they started me on Magnesium Sulfate because of the fear of seizures associated with preeclampsia. For those of you who don’t know, this drug is the devil. It makes people feel horrendous, sick and drugged. Because of this drugged feeling I am not able to remember a lot of what happened, but Chuck continues to fill me in on the missing pieces. At around 10:15AM they took me to the operating room, Noah made his appearance soon after that. I remember hearing everyone comment on how large he was and I remember hearing him crying out. Chuck was amazingly supportive to me and his new son. He stayed with the baby and soon brought him to meet me. That day is still a blur, but I do remember our families coming to meet him and how amazed we were when we finally got to hold our son and get to know him. I do believe that he is the prettiest baby that I have ever seen. I am not just saying that because he is mine, I really mean it :)
In addition to dealing with the side effects of Mag, I lost a lot of blood in surgery and this was affecting how I felt. I was light headed, my ears were ringing out and I was really short of breath. I could not breathe while I was lying down or trying to sleep. My wonderful dad came and actually listened to my symptoms and was able to talk to the nurses and doctors about my condition. They sent me for a bunch of tests and kept a close eye on me. The test all came back ok. I will have to see a doctor to follow up. I soon started to feel well enough to go home.
We finally came home on Tuesday, October 14th. We are so glad to be home with our baby. We are adjusting well. I am handling my pain and weakness with lots of help from Chuck. Chuck is amazing and wonderful to both me and Noah. Every time Chuck speaks Noah looks in his direction. Noah is doing amazing and but we can not wait until he sleeps just a little bit more :)
5 comments:
OMG he is sooo cute! (almost as cute as Rose, hehe) wow, sounds like you've been through a lot. it DOES get easier, very gradually. if i have one piece of advice, take the pain killers and dont let them wear off, at least not the first week home. i made tht mistake and lived to regret it a couple of times. they really do help both you and the baby... and take all the help you can get!
we'll have to get together once you are feeling better. get well soon!
love,
cathy, kris and baby rose
Kristine and Chuck:
Congratulations over and over!!!! My gosh Noah IS beautiful!! I cannot wait to meet him. I am very glad all in the end went well. Sometimes you have to go with the flow of these babies!
I'll see you soon.
Shelley
Kris and Chuck - He is the cutest ever can't wait til your feeling well enough to have company so i can come and meet the little guy. Congrats to you both!!!!!
JoJo
Congratulations!! We're so happy for you. Noah is adorable, and I love the name! Kristin, way to hang in there. Sorry it was so tough on you. Hope you feel better soon. Love the pictures. Keep us updated and get us much rest as you can. Love y'all!
He's adorable! Congratulations from Bryan and me!
By the way his name is adorable. Probably will be a lot easier in kindgergarten then Chewbacca or one of the other crazy suggested names.
Post a Comment