Saturday, June 20, 2009

the baby is NOT for sale

Sat we had our first official yard sale and it was a HUGE success!! We have been planning one for about a year but finally had time to do it, so it was a spur of moment sale. We made a whopping $168.50!!!!! And we are not done yet.

I have to say, I LOVE to spring clean. Throw away, donate, and even sell stuff to get it out of your house. I love the feeling of walking into a clean not cluttered room. That is why it caught me by surprise today when I had a hard time getting rid of some clothes. The jacket I wore the entire time I was in Chile was the hardest to let go. I loved that jacket, so why did I get rid of it. I DONT KNOW!!! I tried to overprice it at $4 so that no one would want to buy it. Turns out a nice little Spanish lady bought it. She tried to haggle me down to $3 and I said hell no. I mean seriously, I love that jacket, me and that jacket, we have been through alot, we have been together since 98 seriously!! Poor little lady, I even told her to take care of the thing, I think I had a tear in my eye. I watched and waved as they drove down the street.

So anyway, Chuck has a harder time getting rid of stuff. I kept trying to tell him, yard sale people are vicious. Well, today he saw for himself! After the sale was stopped by the rain pouring down he went around the house listing everything that we could sell. I was afraid he might put us on the list.

Talk about selling us, so many people asked how much the baby was that I had to put a sign on Noah saying that he was NOT for sale. They thought that was hilarious.


Here is a little shout out to that jacket. Jack, I will never forget you. You kept me warm, well sort of. You always got compliments. You were there when I needed you.
A pic of me in Chile with Jack and Olga:( 01


I know, I have issues.....

No comments: