
I should tell you a little bit about my hero, my Grandfather. My Grampa is the best and greatest man that I know. He is now 92 years old and has had quite a life. He and my grandmother were well known and well loved by everyone that knew them. They lived modestly and saved their money. They taught all of their children and nine grandchildren how important education is. (even for the few grandchildren that barely made it through high school, we ALL went to college!!!) They were well educated and they devoted their lives to their family. Their other love was their Unitarian Church. I am very proud to tell you that my Grandpa, along with others, founded the River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation. Today Grampa was honored for being a founder of the church 50-60 years ago. Grampa spoke at church and they awarded him with a certificate for his role in starting the church. My brothers and their families came with us to celebrate. We are so very proud of our Grampa!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment