Yes, we are still kicking! Wow, it has been awhile! Sorry about that. Don't want a riot to break out:)
Alot has been going on since our last post. Mostly, my babies are growing by leaps and bounds and I just don't feel like I can keep up! I will give you a run down about what is going on with everyone--
Marlee is the one of us that is changing the most rapidly. I love that sweet girl with all my heart. I told her to slow the heck down, but she doesn't listen well:) In the past couple of weeks she has learned to sit (assisted, but mostly-) on her own, she said "mama" (and I am not even kidding that at 4 months old this is her first word:) she has even said it when she fell from the sitting position, like she was trying to ask me for help! She has also grown a tooth (and NO, she has not bitten me yet:) She sticks out her tongue alot, she laughs constantly and she loves her feet, she also loves to pull of her socks, grr! I do look forward to all of the next steps, but for me, it is bittersweet. My sweet baby, she will not be so baby for much longer!!! When I look back on this, I hope I remember her sweetness well...
Noah is still wild and crazy, but he is still a wonderful boy! We have been cracking down on the discipline ever since he injured a few people! He is starting to respond to the 1,2,3 method and time out. I still have to read some books about it, but we are doing better in that department, thankgoodness!!! Noah will be starting preschool in January and will be going a few hours a day for 2 days a week. We are all very excited about this. I do not feel that I know how to teach him well or give him the kind of structure that he needs. We know that he will thrive in school! Noah continues to amaze me with his imagination, humor and smartness (Is that a word? Well, he obviously didn't get it from me:) I realized last week that he was trying to sing along to songs with me. So one day I just started to pause and he would sing the rest of the verse!! I couldn't believe it!! So far he knows, the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Puff the Magic Dragon and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!!! Smart, I tell you!!!! Nunz has also started to cut his top 2 year old molars!! He still hates to brush his teeth, still loves Buzz, can still be bribed with lollipops, is still really cuddly at night and still loves tractors!!!
Chuck and I just survived our first LONG trip with two kids 2 and under that were both teething! I know, it sounds terrible, but it really was not as bad as we thought, Noah watched movies pretty much the whole time and Marlee played with her feet and slept. I got some great kids, you know? We are getting ready for the holidays and really excited to see Noah's face on Christmas morning. That's what is all about anyway:)
No comments:
Post a Comment