Friday, February 11, 2011

Livestrong

This is Bob.



If you knew Bob, you know how wonderful he was. If you didn't know Bob, I wish you did.  We are all better people for knowing Bob.  Bob was a dear friend to me. He was very supportive of me and strongly encouraged me. He encouraged me in my photography business and he helped me in my work, in parenting, in cooking and in life.

Bob lived for his children and his grandchildren but he gave to everyone he knew. He touched so many lives, you have no idea!  You could always turn to Bob and I did when I was upset about something at work or if I didn't know how to cook a roast. He was my mentor and he was sort of like another father for me.

Other than his family, his life was soccer. He LOVED the game and he coached for many years. He also loved the Redskins and cheese steaks.He hated Jimmy Buffett. He would always say, "See that plane up there? I should be on it going somewhere". We talked a lot about what we would do if we won the lottery and I would only play the lottery with Bob. We won once, $7!!  We were SOOOOO excited even though it wasn't enough to quit our jobs:) He never took off his "Livestrong" or "brainstorm" bracelets. He certainly lived STRONG! He longed to work for the Red Cross. He went to New Orleans and helped out after the hurricane. He even (reluctantly) posed for pictures for me:)



I will miss you forever, Bob. I will remember you always.

Rest in Peace, my friend...

No comments: