Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rewards













So many wonderful things have been happening here in our household. Ever since my bad day last week, I was able to pull it together and have much better days:)  Going to the gym, having the house clean, planning our meals and other little things that make a world of difference in this roller coaster called parenthood.

For one, Noah has been talking a lot more and is SOOOOOO funny!  He amazes me every day with what he does or what he says. It was hilarious the other day when he found a belt and then (on his own) started hissing and slithering it around on the floor. I am not even sure how he knows what a snake is, other than there is a snake in one of his books. It was so neat to see him pretend. He is starting with the pretending and I LOVE it!!! Today at lunch he just looked at me and pointed to himself and said, "I MOMMY!" and I said "oh, ok, well than Mommy, I'm Noah!" he said "Hi NoNo" we both started laughing hysterically:)  

Then the other day we had to take Marlee to my dad's office for shots and while we were there my dad had to cut open and drain a pocket of puss on Noah's finger ( I have NO idea where this came from, I had just noticed it that AM).  We were holding him down and we were worried about how it was going to turn out. I was having flashbacks from when I was 3 years old and my dad held me down on the kitchen table and sewed up my eye brow (but that is another story).  Noah was wiggling around and I started to sing him a song. As soon as I started his whole body relaxed and looked at me and smiled. He didn't even flinch when it was cut open and drained and cleaned!!! I, ME, I was able to calm him by singing him a song!! How cool is THAT?!?!  Today poor sweet Marlee had a fever. The worst fever my kids have ever had was a 99. Marlee was at 101!! Anyway, she was miserable and crying and whimpering. I had to put her down for a second and when I came back to get her that sweet LeeLee, she smiled at me!!! Even though she was sooo sick, she still smiled at ME!!!

That is what I call REWARDS of Parenthood:)

No comments: